Friday, October 3, 2008

Rise, Afrika, Rise

So truly born of spirit that I feel it in these words
these words
I’ve heard
that curved the very nerve that kept me sane
kept me maintained in the warmth that is her embrace
Rise, Afrika, Rise
and be as wise as our ancestors said you were
I said I heard
these words
that served me feelings of comfort
thus come forth
and speak the speech that spoke in tongues
Your true beauty lies not in you leaves
but in your Roots
your Roots…
we bear your fruits
atop the bear backs of youth
Rise, Afrika, Rise
and be that fountain of endless blessings
that the thirsty search for
as words form
it’s words that bring me home
and stand as tokens for those who stand alone
with a broken trail of thought that stings, bitterly choking
Rise, Afrika!
Be not unspoken
Be the wonder inside a child’s eyes
The Sun of the fathomless sky’s
Rise
and Be Awoken

No comments: