Friday, October 3, 2008

Blinded by Love [moving on pt.2]

Why is it so hard to accept that we were never meant to be?
Why do we have eyes if we weren’t meant to see?
And why can’t we see the truth beyond our fantasy?
Why can’t I open my eyes?
Why can’t I realize that each kiss from your lips is poison?
Why can’t I seem to turn back on this path I’ve chosen?
‘Cause every time you leave, you either take my heart with you or you leave my heart frozen.
I’m alone even when I’m with you,
Yet I find it so hard to be alone without you.
You hurt me with each look,
Because you remind me of all the shit I took just to have you in my life…
Blinded by love.
Like love was never meant for us,
And the hole in my heart
Was the space between us.
That’s why no amount of wishing will bring me to your touch,
‘Cause such emotions are like the ones I dreamt of.
The sort of dreams I can’t feel,
So I know they’re an illusion.
Please escape my mind so I may once again think clear,
So I may once again cease tears that run down my cheeks at the mention of your name.
I may never be the same…
Now that I’m absent of reason,
Now that there’s no answer to the reasons why you left to start with.
Blinded,
But I can see that my dried tears spell our loves end.
I’m finding it so bitterly painful to listen to empty promises,
And now, turning back would mean that you not only took my heart and reason with you when you left,
But also my vision.
Afraid that if I open my eyes one last time it’ll be to see you leaving.
If so, I’d rather be blind, deaf, mute…immune to your touch,
Than be blinded by love again.

No comments: