Friday, October 24, 2008

I Caught Feeling

have i fallen in love with my fears
have i nurtured all these tears
have i blinded myself to a vision that is clear
have i fallen yet again
have i resurrected pain
have i sung the song of broken dreams and spirits all the same
did i refuse to lend my ear
to a God that was always there
did i mute the sound of my own conscience, and so i did not hear
did i play the life of games
did i play the role of lame
did i converse again with demons, debating who’s the one to blame
why’s it, serenity so near
can look through me with a stare
and turn around instinctively, denying me my claim
why can’t i feel me here
in the presence of my peers
yet i can’t stop the feelings that just seem to know my name

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Ey Lwaz, I appreciate you writing this poem for me...its so on point.
I get it now.
Ndiyicanile- well what life is about. Exactly what you wrote under your blog title.