Thursday, October 16, 2008

Afrikan Propaqganda

Afrikan Propaganda.
Apartheid slander.
My country was crying, but no one could understand her.
The white regime in place tortured and forcibly grabbed her,
Mishandled and whipped her right before they stabbed her.
I was born at a time when there was almost never laughter,
But every now and then I’d hear a giggle from my father.
My father smiles when he sees a White man suffer,
‘Cause he feels so much rage when he hears the word “Kaffir”.
Some foreigners claim that Afrika is their “mother”,
But where were they when they were gunning down our brothers?
Steve Biko spoke of strength and pride in who we are,
So he had to be jailed and later murdered by “die Baas”.
But at times being dead was better than being behind bars:
Being lashed, beaten and electrocuted by the racist white guards.
I can remember a few leaders who were bold and talked back,
Preaching the word of freedom and power in the unity of Blacks.
But also countless youths in the townships who realized these facts,
Who stood up for their freedom and got bullets in their backs.
We were trapped in a land where we were constantly attacked.
Although it’s over, I still find it hard to sit and not react
To this propaganda they fed to us Black Afrikans.

No comments: