Sunday, October 19, 2008

Drug Induced Coma

I should hold my tears in my eyes and die with my sorrow by my side…
Waking in the morning in the hopes that maybe my death might come tomorrow.
Still far from hollow,
But closer to non-existence than ever.
The future denies me the rights of the Death Bringer.
So I let the truth linger about my fingers because I haven’t the guts to grab it…
I haven’t the sense to grasp it…
The last hits of a drug that ran rampant through veins that contort and constrict around my fists,
(Sapping my resistance)
So overlapping that I’ve lost all hopes to map it…
The same narcotic so splendid that its high leaves me low…
Lower than when my own aspirations overthrow me.
This hypnotic narcotic that shows me that I don’t even know me.
The justice in me wills that I don’t see tomorrow,
That I may never smile.
(What’s to smile about when it seems that the whole walls been thrown to me?)
I may never show sympathy,
Because that courtesy’s never been shown to me…

Don’t you pity me?
Well don’t because it was all of you that made the guilty me,
And helped to make real the sin in me.
And when I die just be glad that you’re finally rid of me!

So let me let the toxic tonic I call The Narcotic drown my consciousness
Silence the already muffled cries that torment me and take over my common sense.
Let the drug flow through my veins and restrain my remaining brain.
Let it kill my will to live and my self-respect
Since all of you have raped and taken everything from me,
So what you see is all that’s left
And all that’s left is a shell
Of the person I was before I felt the rush of The Narcotic in my blood…
Inside.
Now what you see is a man turned and twisted inside-out
So don’t be surprised if what you see before your eyes is absolute nothingness.

No comments: