Thursday, October 2, 2008

I Died with You

If I cried a river that stretched to the very depths of hell,
Would it help to resurrect you from the dead;
Would it help to raise my head?
Although I would only be able to raise my head if I knew that the first face I would see would be yours.
But it won’t,
So I won’t raise my head,
Rather let me wish myself dead as well, so I may lay right beside you in the grave.
Sometimes, in my dreams, I hallucinate that you are awake and that you didn’t forsake me.
But you did,
So I’ll have to rid my thoughts of what could’ve been
If you could’ve seen another sunrise,
Another sunset,
Another day spent admiring the beauty that we saw inside each other;
The beauty that only me could see.
We were told that we could not write just because the rest of the world couldn’t read.
Within one another we planted a seed that could do nothing but bear fruit;
The same fruit that would our souls feed.
Now suddenly I realize that you aren’t coming back.
Suddenly I realize that the very substance that I lack is the same essence of spirit that resided in you.
And thus the meaning in me was laid to rest in your embrace.
Your tears ran down my cheek and dried on my lips.
Remembering you tears my soul because you died in a kiss.
Why don’t you hear my prayers?
I believe in nothing, since everything I loved in you has been reduced to dust and ashes.
My sadness clashes with my blessed suicidal self-sacrifices.
I do not believe in sight since your death has given me the insight that I am blind.
We were kindred spirits.
What we felt was far beyond Para-physics.
Every time we connected we flew far above the mental torment that was our life.
We lived as one person in two,
So every prayer we said had to be spoken twice.
Why is it that this night feels so cold?
My will to question fate is defeated
And thus so is my faith in a destiny that stands true.
I no longer believe in eternity, because my forever died with you.

No comments: