Sunday, October 19, 2008

The Fact of The Matter [pt. 1]

We all get to this point in our lives where we start to question ourselves. That point where we begin to question the very intentions for our actions and even our own existences. I recently reached that point, and upon reaching it I came to realize a large number of things about myself; things I didn’t necessarily want to know. As they say, “the truth hurts”, and in some extremely sad cases the excruciating pain that the truth inflicts is nothing short of inhumanly gruesome. This brought me to ponder a notion, with this as an evaluation of ‘truth’; does it stand to say that we may hide from the truth and blind ourselves to reality? I’m not talking about whether it is right or not, because the question of the moral obligation to not turn a ‘blind-eye’ can be equally argued on both sides. What I’m asking is, is it easier, is it better, or is it even possible? Is ignorance ‘truly’ bliss, or is it a gaping chasm whose soul purpose is to trap the narrow-minded feeble fools of this world?

Look at it like this, “What you don’t know can’t hurt you”, but it is only human nature to fear the unknown. So now it seems that a choice arises, either: posses the truth and live in pain, or evade the reality and thus live in fear of the unseen mysteries of the very world that surrounds you.

No comments: